Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Washi Tape


Last year I discovered something amazing. It was washi tape. I love to read various stamping sites and blogs to get inspiration, and one site used this medium on various cards and I was intrigued. So I did some searching on the internet, and found a few sources where you could purchase it, and decided to give it a try.

Oh. My. Goodness.

This tape is the coolest stuff ever!

Yep, I would definitely give it a thumbs up!

You don't have to be particularly talented or creative to use it either. (which is what I like....wink) because it just adds that splash of color, or pattern to a card to give you the visual interest you are looking for.

What I particularly love, is that you can peel the tape off easily to reposition it in case you don't like where you placed it the first time. Which I have to admit, happens to me a lot.


Let's face it, making a card or making a scrapbook page sometimes involves trial and error. You need to play around with elements to achieve the affect you are looking for. And with washi tape you can do this, without tearing your paper, or adding more adhesive. I think you will love it too!

~Doris

*************************************************
Supplies: All are A Muse Studio
Stamp Set: For Peep's Sake, Snail & Co, and Bunny Business
Paper: Sugar, Lemon Whip and Onyx paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Papaya pigment ink (for butterfly)
Extras: Washi tape; Copic markers in RV14 Begonia Pink, E33 Sand, BG13 Mint Green, YG23 New Leaf, Y38 Honey; ; & 3D foam adhesive.

7 comments:

  1. Doris
    Super cute card! I love the bright colors and matching eggs. I JUST ordered some from a muse with my 10% off coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doris, this is an awesome idea. I haven't tried washi tape yet but definitely plan to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yet ANOTHER adorable card! I need some of that tape...but I always put off getting it and end up with more stamps & inks. LOL I guess I better get some tape since you have some ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card! And I want some of the tape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have inspired me to try washi tape. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute, Doris! Can't wait to play with washi tape.:)

    ReplyDelete