Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Single-layer card

In February I participated in an on-line class specifically for single layer cards thru Ellen Hutson's website.  I have been creating cards for over ten years, and for some reason I like to add layers of cardstock to my cards, so this class really was good for me creatively, and got me thinking.  Can I make a card with only one layer?  And can it have the "wow" factor of a card with many layers of textured and colored cardstock?

I was up for the challenge.  And this is the single-layer card that I created....



Even though this card is pretty simple in its design, I added a few embellishments to make it a little extra special.   Like this...


The blue pearls in the center of the flowers, make the card interesting, even though the card is quite simple. 

I hope that I inspired you to try something new today.  Enjoy your day!  

        

~Doris

******************************************

Supplies:
Stamps: Crusing Thru Life, Handwritten Sentiments
Paper:  Neenah Solar White cardstock.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Extras:  Copic: B02 Robin's Egg Blue, BG10 Cool Shadow, R29 Lipstick Red, T5 Toner Gray, Y02 Canery Yellow, Y17 Golden Yellow, E31 Brick Beige; Divine Twine; Pretty Pearls in Sky Blue from A Muse Studio 

No comments:

Post a Comment