Monday, July 18, 2011

Storage

Because I have such a limited space in which to keep my stamping supplies, I really have to make the most of every square inch of space.  Some items I really use a lot...and I wanted an easy way to access them.

My ribbons are on a doweling in front of me on my crafting table, as you can see from my previous post.  But I needed a place for my twine.  I absolutely love Divine Twine.  But because it is so thin, I wanted an easy way to access it so that I would not get it all tangled up into one big mess.  So I discovered this solution from another blog, and wanted to pass it along.  Mason Jars!


What I did was pound a small nail into the top of each metal lid, and pull the twine thru.  It works like a charm!  I love to use twine as an embellishment in my cards, but I also love to use it on packages.  It adds a nice unexpected touch.




What about my Copics?  I love my Copics, and searched quite awhile until I found this....


They are called X-cubes and I found them at Office Max.  For my tiny space, they work great because I can sort the colors by color family, and see exactly what I am looking for.  I have a color chart on the wall to the right of it, which I use frequently to get the exact color that I need in my project. 

Die storage was really a dilemma for me.  I wanted something small, but yet could store quite a few dies in one spot.  Have you ever been searching frantically for a die, and just could not find the darn thing?

   Groan

.....I tell ya, that drives me crazy!

But fortunately I found this Magnetic Storage Book at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago,  and it works great!  All your dies can be placed on the magnetic sheets within both sides of the book, and you can see exactly what you are looking for.

Here is what the book looks like when you open it up....



Because the magnets are so strong,  I decided to put the piece of white cardboard (that comes with the book) within book before I close it, so that my dies do not get separated. As my die collection grows, I am planning to purchase more books to keep them all in, and label the sides so that I know the contents of each.

Hope you enjoyed seeing some of my storage ideas.  Have a great day!

~ Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment