Saturday, July 16, 2011

My Creative Space...


I know of many people that have a room dedicated to their craft making, unfortunately I do not.  Because all our rooms were spoken for within our house,  I converted a walk-in closet that is within our office into my crafting space.  I tell ya, it is amazing what you can put into a small space! 


My husband, cut a board to fit on top of my plastic storage units, and we put quite a few coats of varnish on top of it to keep the surface smooth and clean.  As you can see, I have all my Copic markers at my fingertips, as well as my embellishments, ribbons, cutting devices, as well as all my stamps.  Within all the drawers I keep my stamp sets, as well as my paper.


And of course, I needed to have a place for my Big Kick!  So I decided to put it above one of my storage units that hold my many stamp sets.  I didn't want it to get dusty, so when I purchased it, I kept the plastic cover that was surrounding it.


This is where I store my A Muse Studio ink pads.  I wanted them to be 'at the ready' when I am stamping, therefore I wanted to put them on the wall.  Behind my chair, you will see these two plastic containers.  I found them at Joanne Fabrics, but I am sure you could purchase them at any craft store.  They stack on top of each other.  But instead of doing that, I drilled a hole in the back of them and mounted them to the wall.  My ink pads fit perfectly within them, and I labeled the sides with the color of the pad, so that I could get exactly the color I was searching for.

But what about punches?  Well I have a space for them as well....


All my Marvy punches are in a shoe rack on the back of the door.  I have them all sorted by size/color so that I can easily select the punch I need for my project.

I hope you enjoyed the tour of my little crafting space.  It is small...but hey, good things do come in small packages!
Thanks for stopping by!  Hello

~ Doris

7 comments:

  1. That is amazing! When I need a closet remodel...I know who I'm gonna call on ;) Great idea about the cover for your diecut machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i always love seeing how people organize and store their goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, compact and very workable! LOVE it, Doris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh...I like your crafting space, Doris! You've done a great job being organized, and it looks like an inviting place to be creative, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a great job with organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! You did so well with such a small place. It looks like so much fun to go in there and play!

    ReplyDelete