Monday, May 2, 2011

Let's Celebrate!


Yes, it is time for another A Muse Studio Blog Hop, and I am so glad that you could join us!

What better event to celebrate than a birthday! Of all the cards that I create, I think that I make birthday cards the most, and I really don't think that I am all that unusual. Everyone wants to be remembered on their birthday, and what better way than with a hand-made card.

In this creation I used the owl image as the central focus of the card, sitting on this little branch. Isn't he a cutie? The banner die I think added that "extra touch" of fun and dimension to the card, and I have a feeling that I am going to be using it quite a bit in the future.

The next stop on your journey is that of Sarah Callahan's blog, which you can visit right here.

Thanks for visiting and joining me on my Sentimental Journey in cardmaking. Please come back again soon!

Hello

-Doris

**************************************************

Supplies: A Muse Studio
Stamp Set: Owl's Well; Itty Bitty Birthday
Paper: Sugar, Onyx; Buttercup Polka-Dot papers
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Extras: Banner Custom A|S Die; Copic Markers: R29 Lipstick Red; Y17 Golden Yellow; E33 Sand; E27 Africano; YG23 New Leaf

22 comments:

  1. Isn't the pennant die the best!? Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this!! Love the balloons added to the branch and the angled banner adds a great dynamic effect :^) !

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so so cute. love the little party owl and banner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I've been telling myself I don't need the banner but who am I kidding? I *need* it now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is adorable! I love the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute, that banner die is on my must have list. Thank you for participating in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you layered the card with the banner! -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute birthday owl--love the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love how you added the balloons onto the branch with the owl. so cute. but the best touch is that banner across the top. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the balloons. The banner is great also. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so festive and fun! I really love the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the use of the pennant die with the Owl! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely adorable! The colors and special touches are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great minds think alike...I used the owls on my card too! I love your card. The bright and cheery colors and of course the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's really cute! Love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this card! It is so cute, your coloring is fantastic and yes, I think the banner die is just absolutely makes it!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute card, love the balloons on the branch! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. cute...love the balloons with the owl

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many of your creations require Copic markers. Man, oh man, I guess I can see where I need to invest in a few. Where to start though?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Do you know, Doris, if A.Muse pricing plus s&h is better than that through ScrapbookPal.com?

    ReplyDelete