Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!

I am blessed to have two lovely women in my life, my mother-in-law, Joanne, and my dear Mom...Anna Mae.

I wanted to create something soft and pretty for them for their special day, and this is what I came up with.

Flowers and butterflies keep the card simple, yet elegant. I put pearls within the butterfly to add softness. You don't have to use a lot of embellishments and papers to create something pretty....simple can be beautiful.

To all the Mothers out there, have a lovely day....

~Doris

**************************************************
Supplies used are as follows:
Stamp Set: Vintage Labels; and Happy Mother's Day MA (retired A Muse)
Paper: Vanilla A Muse Studio paper; Anna Griffin paper
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber ink pad
Extras: Martha Stewart butterfly punch; A Muse Studio labels die; A Muse Studio French Roast button, Prima Flowers; Divine Twine; A Muse Studio pearl vanilla stickers

2 comments:

  1. I love the soft palette of colors for a gorgeous mom day card, also there is a blog award for you to snag on my page. Thanks for the great inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Doris! I am going to have to break down and get those Vintage labels as it looks like ti will work perfectly with my "vintage" a muse sentiments.

    ReplyDelete