Thursday, May 12, 2011

Copics...

I have been asked repeatedly what are Copic markers? What makes them so special and why are they so expensive?

Copic markers are fast-drying, double-ended markers available in three types...Ciao, Original and Sketch. Copic markers are permanent, non-toxic, dry acid-free....and refillable!
Ya gotta love that!

What drew me to them is the fact that my paper would not pill when I colored in an image, like they did with water based inks. This is because Copic markers are alcohol based, thus your coloring dries quickly...and doesn't smear. Plus there are so many colors to choose from!

I have been using Copic markers for the past three years, and I purchased Sketch markers because of their price, plus I liked the fact that one end had a brush tip. However, I like the Copic Original markers (which are sold by A Muse Studio) too because I really like how one end had a small tip. This was great for coloring in tiny images or details.

To stamp the image to be colored, I have found that Memento inks are the best because they leave a nice sharp image, and the Copic ink doesn't bleed or smear when it touches it.

The big dilemma is what colors to start out with. There are so many to choose from, that it can be a bit overwhelming. For me, these are the colors that I use the most, and have found to be must-haves:

R29 Lipstick Red
YG23 New Leaf
BG10 Cool Shadow
E33 Sand
Y17 Golden Yellow
RV14 Begonia Pink
B04 Tahitian Blue
0 Colorless Blender

I have about eighty of these beauties, and use them all. I really believe that everyone, should give them a try, and see for yourself how beautiful your stamping creations can be. You won't be disappointed....



-Doris

2 comments: